Previously, we have implemented technologies with manifold Systems we had noticed little progress in the development of functionalities with the SQL sever 2007 platform, which caused a greater need to program what could not be done with SQL "out of box" licenses.
The importance of this topic is because the use of SQL express, free version, minimizes implementation costs and makes the use of Mysql or complicated support platforms unnecessary. This will make it possible to implement some Smoked Without having to rely on Enterprise or ultimate licenses, and that can be implemented under developments that only require licenses runtime.
According to a statement from Manifold, have reactivated the talks with Microsoft, so that the new integration with SQL server 2008 promise to improve the development capability with Microsoft lines.
These changes include:
- Deployment and Editing Data in SQL Server 2008
- Multi-user simultaneous editing
- Editing data by area of interest with spatial index
- Direct connection to SQL Server 2008 without intermediary software
- Virtual Erth integrated GUI
- Functionality with 64 bits, Windows Vista, Multi-core, multi-processor
- Reprojection, upload and download of data on the fly with SQL Server 2008 databases
- Spatial indexing and automatic reprojection of image sets and terrain models
- Full support with extensions for geocoding, network analysis, topological analysis, linear references and surface model processing.
- More Prefabricated Functions for GIS Tasks
- Automated interface for IMS services under both WFS (Web Feature Services), WFS-T, WMS… protocols. Eye, OGC compatible and still open source owners.
Manifold insists that this is not Beta development, but has been implemented from the newly released 8 Version licenses.
Currently to go from an 7x license to 8x you have to pay $ 150, even though the users had the month of August to update them for $ 50.
Vía: Free James Blog