This month PC Magazine has arrived with the theme of green computers, very fashionable ... shows the green strategies that are developing technology development companies in search of ecological protection.
I have been a buyer reader of this magazine since I can remember, I suffered with the change of editor although I already adapted to Nadia Molina, a girl more creative than geek in appearance. It has given the magazine a very good tendency towards novelty under a well-conducted youth approach (trial and error with its buildable models) but above all, very cool with a mole on her lip that makes you want to d
and tear it off from a bite.
The fact that one PC has 0.5 grams of mercury, enough to contaminate a lake of 24 hectares and that the United States threw 300 thousand last year.
Here the green numbers:
- 100 million of recycled cell phones in the United States would save enough energy to power 194 thousand homes a year
- 27 only% of Americans recycle their electronic devices
- 75 each 100 PCs sold that still work are stored instead of in use
- 400 million of pieces of electronic equipment are wasted every year only in the United States
- 5 billion dollars have been paid by electricity worldwide users of XP since its debut for failures in its "hibernate" or "sleep" mode
- 3 billion of dollars in electricity consumed in the US the electronic off, but not unplugged
- 5 kilos of garbage are generated to manufacture 1 kilogram of consumer goods
- 1 PC desktop was created with fossil and chemical fuels that weighed 10 times more than the computer
- 50% of the energy consumed in a PC is wasted as heat expelled by fans
- 3.7 tons of gold would be obtained by recycling 100 millions of phones
- 25 minutes of energy for the operation of a PC are saved by recycling a plastic bottle
Personally I have found a good space to reflect on my practices, such as the crazy habit of leaving the laptop on while I am going to bring the boys, it has also been interesting to see that much of this is as utopian as commercial.
I recommend that you buy the magazine, also in Jambitz you can listen to the podcast in which it has not had inhibitions to say "that the fart explodes" and of course, imagine the lunar saying 🙂