This version of Manifold has been announced, since the 8.0 version they have been 117 changes that most have been oriented to improve the speed in the handling of data. Admittedly, they have heard most of the bugs reported by those who have impertinently bet on this application, so I take this opportunity to mention those that I find valuable:
In data construction
- The GPS data reading console has become more tolerant, so wait for receivers that work slowly such as some UMPCs
- Importing dwg data no longer duplicates data, it sometimes happened
- Geocoding works best when there is incomplete data
- Better handling of splines imported from dgn files, which used to bring snap problems
- Fixed a bug, which sometimes ignored the description put in components of contours or basins
- Solved errors in the import of dxf with 3D data, in which for strange reasons sometimes in Z values appeared crazy values
- Fixed a problem with exporting images to .ecw format with header error when read by other programs. So now you can connect to Google / Virtual Earth and export to .ecw and go georeferenced with no problems.
- The speed of importing surfaces or images in ERDAS IMG formats has been significantly improved
- An error that sometimes caused when exporting images to Oracle 11g using GEORASTER technology was eliminated
- Importing .shp files recognizes the existing projection in an ArcVies project (.prj), including "single-parallel" variant recognition of the "Lambert Conformal Conic" projection. You can also export projection to a .prj
- When importing the projection of a prj file, it adapts the scale and units to those in use
In database integration
- Reading and writing geographic values in SQL Server 2008 uses XY order according to changes in the latest version of SQL Server 2008
- Connecting to data sources PostGreSQL forces UTF8 encoding as much as possible to avoid misinterpretation of unused English characters such as ñ and accents.
- Oracle 9i Metadata Write No Longer Fails
- The editing of data linked to a SQL Server 2008 database no longer fails
- PostGreSQL linked components of the same datasource share the same data connection
- Fixed an occasional error when connecting to Oracle went crazy when detecting spatial indexing
- The built-in Virtual Earth geocoding server is updated to use new URLs
- When exporting or importing data to and from an excel file or any other data source accessed via OLE DB, it does not lock the file
In interface management
- Bar and menu customization is maintained in different Manifold sessions
- When closing a project, saving the changes does not attempt to refresh the linked components, so closing is faster.
We will continue to see what else brings the end of the year.