Google Earth can display the UTM coordinates and geographic, but it is not possible to enter them in UTM from the system and even if you do it you have to do it one by one.
This tool called Excel2GoogleEarth allows you to create points from an Excel table without the need to use a mapping program.[Sociallocker]
The program is an excel macro that builds an xml file. Among the information requested are:
- Option to choose lat / long or UTM data, selecting the zone and the hemisphere.
Warning: the degrees must be decimal, the coordinates utm in meters, the datum wgs84, if you had them in another spheroid, such as GRS80 or Nad27 you would have to convert them.
- Then you can choose the excel columns where the data is stored and in the next field the order.
- It is possible to assign up to five data fields, including: x coordinate, y coordinate, elevation, point name, point id
- In the next field you assign the path of the destination file and the name of the file to be generated. It also accepts a description of the file.
- The column on the right shows the option to assign the elevation of the point, if we want it with an absolute altitude according to the data that we provide or if we want Google Earth to show it on the surface of the land
- Among the best you have, you can choose the symbol among the different options that Google Earth has, and the size of this one.
Can generate problems, if the macros are disabled, so for this, in excel is selected:
We activate the lowest, and we do accept
Then save the excel file
we close and we enter again.
From here you can download the application Excel2GoogleEarth
While this tool is no longer available, this template of Geofumadas allows UTM coordinates to be exported to Google Earth[/ Sociallocker]