These days I'll be busy, I'm waiting for your patience but I have to smoke the green for this; I want to connect a system with data in MySQL with the mapping system stored in Manifold GIS.
Manifold does this via ODBC in a simple way, also from MySQL could create a data service to which Manifold can be pasted but what I want is to connect an application that has a lot of data from the cadastral file stored in different tables and that I can use them to the parcel layer with the intention of being able to do for example:
a thematization of all the properties whose use is a family's housing, with block / brick materials and with inferior labor quality.
I also want this land management application to show me the Manifold map, served via IMS to be able to print it on the cadastral record certificate.
The municipal system is developed in Visual Fox, with data stored in MySQL. Although the development language is half being forgotten, the system is very efficient and allows to store both the property register and the appraisal data with a methodology based on use, class of materials and quality of workmanship. While the Manifold project is stored in a .map, with IMS services via IIS with asp.NET programming
Later I want to connect it to a controlled parcel management service (which is already built) developed with the Manifold API, which stores data in SQL Server 2003 with transactional control over alphanumeric data and geometry and which connects to the national system via web services … That one is in Oracle 10g and the geometry in Microstation Geographics V8.5… but we will talk about this another day.
In order not to complicate me, I am going to do it through a hiring of the technicians who developed the municipal system.
These are the products that I hope:
1. A technical, chronological and economic proposal containing the work plan and objectives.
2. An interconnection module consisting of a data service served via ODBC for MySQL and SQL Server 2003 that allows the display of the information contained in the cadastral file within the Manifold GIS environment, as well as the functionality of being able to raise the file management system in the selected property from the map.
3. An information deployment module for the cadastral record management system, showing the spatial information served via IMS (asp .NET) by means of Manifold GIS under HTML, as well as the functionality of lifting GIS Manifold in the selected property in the screen.
4. A practical guide to use the functionalities developed
5. A CD containing the source codes with the modifications, for the exclusive use of the selected municipality.
6. A commitment letter that represents the responsibility for support and maintenance for thirty days after the final delivery.
7. A training of 8 hours that guarantees the transfer of knowledge both at the user level of the module and at the administrator level.
8. A final report, reflecting the scope and results obtained.
We will see how these geniuses of the code are doing.