Bentley has launched a strong campaign to make users of Microstation Geographics move to V8i, for which it is offering special prices and intensive communication of the benefits that someone could find in Bentley Map compared to its competitors.
1. CAD and GIS Integration
2. Harness the geospatial power of Oracle
3. Work with either Oracle Spatial or GIS server
4. Increase the interoperability of your GIS
5. Great configuration and customization
6. Mapping without problems
7. Excellent GIS functionality
8. Easily create and print maps
9. A product recognized in the market; widely accepted
10. Promotions available with important offers.
Bentley is launching to all those users who are happy with their previous versions to XM (V8.9) and who do not feel the need to make an investment or at least the silver limits them.
- MicroStation GeoGraphics
- MicroStation GeoGraphics J
- MicroStation GeoGraphics 5.7 ... uuuuy !!!! this must be SE
- MicroStation GeoGraphics V8
- MicroStation GeoGraphics V8.1, I guess also 8.5
For now they have offered a 40% discount on the purchase of licenses until July 30, 2009. Not bad but they will have to do a hard job in communicating and providing assistance to make the leap; For now, an e-seminar (1 hour) has been announced between April and May aimed at Hispanic Geographics users so that they can see the advantages of Bentley Map. We have also seen an increase in advertising campaigns via AdSense, and even seminars in English (which are more advanced than Hispanics) were offering to send a mouse pad to users who register for the seminar.
Apart from the licensing price, the cost of consulting to migrate data, adapt development, recompile applications ... is complicated.
Not everything is in the purchase of a license, apparently it is necessary to acquire a SELECT service or at least the ad says so. And is that the implications to migrate of a project is simple in function of the great advantages that the new platform has with the integration with wms, topology and interface hold
But as I said before, the difficulty is in the data that instead of being simple mslinks via OLEdb should now be embedded xml and developed applications that would have to be recompiled ... added the integration that can be with ProjectWise, Geoweb Publisher, Oracle Spatial, Space Cartridge or ArcGIS Server.