For several years Bentley Systems has held an annual event that includes the awarding of excellence for innovation in the implementation of technologies and, at the same time, conferences through which news and seminars are presented based on the experiences of clients or their experts. thematic
In recent years, the format of the lectures that were in charge of the Bentley Institute, which accredited the workshops, changed into seminars taken at will.
For the past year Bentley made his Launch of its version V8i, of which it has been known what was shown at the launch and some recent podcasts. And as we all would have expected, a glamorous conference where all the wonders of this version were showcased, the format has been drastically changed, possibly due to the economic crisis.
The “BE Awards of Excellence” will now be “BE Inspired Awards”, instead of being May 11-14 as announced in the January magazine, they will be in September in Charlotte, North Carolina. Just one day, so practically it will only be the external panel display and the evening ceremony.
Meanwhile, the "BE Conference" will be called "Be Connected", instead of being held over three days, it will be held online through the BE Communities from June to November 2009. Last year's annual event coincided with the new proposal of web corporate image, in which blogs have not had a great deal of smoke but the space for forums and especially wikis Where it was migrated the page Askinga that yes that smoked for a long time and before whom I take off my hat for its recognition in the community of those who were born with a genna based in DGN.
It is probable that Bentley is making this change in view of the economic crisis that the United States is experiencing and that is affecting almost the entire world; although we are sure that your clients will claim that they want the previous format and of course, those of the press will question if the original impact is lost. This would be the second change that happens in Bentley after the crisis, previously launched the campaign BE Employable for those who may be unemployed and would like to take advantage of educational licenses and their knowledge of Microstation.
For now, I have remained with the good intention of attending in May, and in order not to lose momentum I have ordered a Select CD to take a look at the V8i version, I hope they will arrive in about three weeks; for a change I have decided to enter other non-traditional lines. Here I show you the shipment that has already been confirmed in 5 CDs:
Contents of CD: 1
- Bentley Cadastre V8i, Multiple, English - 08.11.05.08
- Bentley Descartes V8i, Multiple, English - 08.11.05.30
- Bentley GEOPAK Site V8i, Multiple, English - 08.11.05.39
- Bentley GEOPAK Survey V8i, Multiple, English - 08.11.05.39
- Bentley Map V8i, Multiple, English - 08.11.05.26
- MicroStation GenerativeComponents V8i, Multiple, English - 08.11.05.36
Contents of CD: 2
- Bentley GEOPAK Bridge XM Edition, Multiple, English - 08.09.05.23
- Bentley GEOPAK Civil Engineering Suite V8i, Multiple, English - 08.11.05.39
- MicroStation V8 XM Edition Software Prerequisite Pack, Multiple, English - 08.09.04.01
Contents of CD: 3
- MicroStation Schematics XM Edition, Multiple, English - 08.09.03.28
- MicroStation V8i, Multiple, English - 08.11.05.17
- Prerequisites for Bentley Desktop Applications, Multiple, English - 08.11.05.05
Contents of CD: 4
- Bentley GEOPAK Civil Engineering Suite XM Edition, Multiple, English - 08.09.06.31
- MicroStation V8 XM Edition, Multiple, English - 08.09.04.88
Contents of CD: 5
- MicroStation TriForma V8 XM Edition, Multiple, English - 08.09.04.97
So ... we'll see.