Map Based Web Applications (1)
After Google maps released its API, many applications have been made in order to integrate more and more geolocation to online information under the 2.0 web developments. Definitely, Google Earth and Google maps Changed the way of seeing the world that was already global on the Internet, to see it more as a small village where people are known based on radios of action and interests.
The business model is based on the combination of technology with online communities, since users, based on circles of interest attract service providers related to that business and from there the idea of locating users and their Events on a map is combined with associated businesses.
Here is a list of some of these applications:
1. Wedding Mapper, where the couple to be married locates on a map where the civil, ecclesiastical wedding, reception, honeymoon ... etc, and the system links those related service providers, also allows you to generate a card to add to the wedding invitation , so no one excuses himself that he was lost.
2. Radius IM, indicate where you are and the system locates the instant messaging users are connected in a radio that you choose. Good option for those looking for appointments or simply people with whom to chat and then have a non-virtual coffee.
3. Mapdango, Classified ads displayed on a map.
4. Involve, Events and festivities within geographic areas separated by categories and dates.
5. Zipgarage, Garage sales, for those who like to sell their cachibaches and buy what others throw away. Do not underestimate it, if you buy a car for the baby, it would be good to know that in five blocks there is one.
6. Yumondo, Recommendations for spending your free time, users share their opinions regarding places, meals, and events as well as being cited to attend.
7. Workedhere, Find old co-workers, a very good idea to look for a secretary who was pretty, very bad idea if you seek to flee from your former bosses.
8. Viewr, Real Estate, there are many other webs, basically oriented to sell, rent or buy houses. Much better if it is associated with online transactions.
9. Vayama, Travel and tourism
10. Ojicu, Search engine with geographic filter
11. Traffic, Routes and urban traffic, very good to know how to reach unknown places, avoiding congestion or risks.
12. Signalmap, Find better wireless signal providers.
13. Pushpin, Application to create online maps with a fairly advanced quality level, manages layers, printing modules and thematic.
14. Panoramio, Georeference of images on the maps. The idea was very good, that even Google acquired.
15. Earthtools, Googlemaps maps, but with contours
Perhaps this mashup of google maps that presents the classified ads live and live as they are published or expired may interest you: http://www.tablondeanuncios.com/live/