AutoDesk announced The ability to download a fully functional version of AutoCAD 2009 Raptor and AutoCAD 2009 LT.
This version is valid for 30 days, available from 25 March 2008, a way for users to test the new features 2009 version.
What AutoDesk looks for with this:
1. Give a test to new users
The very geeky students, with their Ipods, Hi5! and lifestyle dependent on Twitter are the first candidates that AutoDesk looks for, so that they can adapt to their new style. And although these students have free versions if they have a Unversidad email account, and the rest pirate the licenses ... they are future clients of the University's products. Its 25 years technology.
If you have a university account, register and get AutoCAD here
2. Trying to convince unbelievers
Among the aspects that have been criticized the most by the mass of experienced users is the insistence on AutoDesk to innovate every five years and make up the same software at a high cost of requiring more memory resources ... which for several days have been affecting the display function. Rather than make AutoCAD look more like Office 2007 and Windows Vista, many of us would prefer it to improve rendering, raster handling and 3D capabilities.
3. Search to beat the competitors hard
The last two years, in which Microsoft and Yahoo have seen losing ground to new competitors and old ones that have managed to survive have caused AutoDesk to seek to return aggressiveness using the weapon that has worked best for it: Piracy in non-promising countries and hoarding in potential countries. That benefits him as it is a necessary expense for serious companies in California but an unattainable amount in the same serious companies in Quito ... not that it is not worth it, but that his makeup only lasts a year.
Not long ago, AutoDesk gave Bentley a low blow, To take a valuable asset In innovative design; As it seeks to fight the geospatial terrain against ESRI, Who for some time now seeks to improve their weaknesses in vector editing.
Good to Download trial version... and to observe how in the forums hackers boast of breaking the lock ... and despite our constant criticism, will remain the software that maintains the sustainability in the trend of CAD technologies, more by corporate image (that has) than by functionality ( which could improve).
Tips for getting it:
This alternative is only available for download in the United States and Canada. So here are some tips to get it in case you are not up the Rio Grande:
- The first is to try by entering a valid address from the United States, and when you see the link to download, if your Internet provider is a Dealer from a North American company or you are from a Cybercafé you may be lucky that your IP appears with a location in the United States. It happens to me that I appear as a Bismark user ... and then your download is activated because the system considers you a gringolandia user.
- If this is not the case, the system will tell you that the download is not available for "some countries", so you have the alternative of going to the email that you received at that time and requesting the alternative that the DVD or CD be sent to you. In my case I have used this through a "mail box" or "aerocasilla", which are those services offered by many companies in Hispanic countries, in which they offer a physical box in the United States.
- And if you could not either ... sorry, AutoDesk believes that your country is very given to piracy
So it will depend on the country where you are, try to get it here